Shelter
Current shelter coverage stands at 70% of the total need while the remaining 30% of the refugee population has either no established homes or stay with friends and relatives in crowded conditions.
Quite many refugee homes are old aged requiring maintenance often constructed with poor qualities. Most refugees stay in plastic roofed stick wall shelters which are unable to withstand the harsh weather; wearing out in a short period of time. The existing shelters provide little protection to women and girls. In some camps lack of improved shelter is problem number one. We believe refugee participation is crucial to construct a more suitable and environmental friendly homes that would last for longer years. Construction of durable and improved quality shelters is important to match the existing demand and address the shortage of shelters in camps where refugees settle.